Lameness can be a major problem and challenge to diagnose.
It can be caused by something as simple as a corn, ill-fitting shoe, and solar abscess, to low grade laminitis, chip fractures, bone cysts, navicular – and the list goes on.
At Capontree vets we have the facilities to perform routine lameness examinations, hard and soft trotting up surfaces, lower limb nerve blocks and radiography.
We also work closely with several referring veterinary surgeons and practices where further diagnostics techniques such as Intra articular blocks, MRI, CT scans and Scintigraphy can be performed
• Edinburgh Uni http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/vet/services
• Glasgow Uni http://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/vet/
• Bearl Farm http://www.bearl-equine.co.uk/
• Clyde vets http://www.clydevetgroup.co.uk/equine/equine.htm
• Liverpool Uni http://www.liv.ac.uk/veterinary-science/clinical-services/